Welcome to the Victorian Inspectorate
The Victorian Inspectorate (the Inspectorate) is the key oversight body in Victoria’s new integrity system.
The Victorian Inspectorate Act
The objectives of the Victorian Inspectorate Act 2011 are to:
- enhance the compliance of the Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC) and IBAC personnel with the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Act 2011 and other laws
- assist in improving the capacity of the IBAC and IBAC personnel with regards to their duties, functions and powers
- monitor compliance by a Public Interest Monitor with the prescribed obligations
- provide for the independent oversight of the Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO)
- provide for the independent oversight of the ombudsman and their officers, chief examiner and examiners.